As further evidence of the degree of uncertainty among investors caused by the Government's raft of announcements pulling back on renewable and green energy development, Drax power company announced on Friday that it will pull out of the “White Rose” carbon capture scheme for which it had received a £220million grant a year ago. Drax say they will complete the ...
You Can Help
Why should you donate to us?
- We provide free energy checks, saving you money, the donations help train our volunteers.
- Nothing donated goes on admin. We are a lean eco team!
- We funded Shropshire’s first public electric charging point. We want to fund more and help others so we can build an EV infrastructure.
- Help us build a better more sustainable future.
- PROF MATTHEW WILLIAMS: CLIMATE CHANGE & OUR RESPONSIBILITY – KEY STEPS IN DE-CARBONISING following our AGM at the Methodist Church at 7.00pm on October 12, 2015 7:00 pm
- GREEN OPEN HOMES – CHURCH STRETTON 10.00 – 4.00 on October 17, 2015
- GEORGE MARSHALL – WHY OUR BRAINS ARE WIRED TO IGNORE CLIMATE CHANGE – THREE TUNS, BISHOPS CASTLE AT 7.30pm on October 19, 2015 7:30 pm
- On shore wind power is now cheaper than fossil fuels! So that's why the government is stopping it http://t.co/m6DSWMWEDu // posted on 08/10/2015
- Keep the faith-build more. Now is not the time for a purge. We're all gutted but let's not make it worse by firing people #WearTheRose // posted on 03/10/2015
- Our latest newsletter is out ! see http://t.co/m8Nbfd4n59 // posted on 30/09/2015
I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy - what a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle thatThomas Edison, 1931
Shropshire will be recognised as a leader in responding to climate changeShropshire Council Core Strategy, page 26
The trouble with Americans is that they haven't read the minutes of the previous meeting.Adlai Stevenson