Age U.K. Marches Energy Agency and Shropshire Rural Community Council will be joining us in the Community Room, The Health and Wellbeing Centre, Easthope Road, Church Stretton, each day 10.00 – 4.00pm.
In addition to displays and information, staff and volunteers will be on hand to give individual advice on all aspects of affordable warmth:
- Draught proofing
- Reflective radiator panels
- Replacing old lightbulbs with low energy LEDs
- Programming and explaining heating controls
- Help with billing problems and fuel debt
- Sign up to the Priority Services Register for support in a power cut
For some households, if you are on a below average income and/or receiving benefits (to be assessed), there may be the possibility of funding, thanks to the Keep Shropshire Warm scheme:
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Boiler replacement – excellent rates of funding for off-gas, some funding for mains gas properties
- Some funding also available for other heating types Inc. Electric storage heaters and full central heating
Age UK are offering free home energy checks for over 60s in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. These checks include an average of £30 worth of small measures including low energy LED light bulbs, reflective radiator panels and draught proofing.
Heating & Insulation Grants
New ‘Flexible Eligibility’ grant scheme opening soon (Sep/ Oct 2017) in Shropshire offering:
- Good funding rates for “off gas” – LPG, oil, electric – heating repairs and replacements, as well as loft insulation and cavity wall insulation.
- Some funding for mains gas heating also available.
- Households qualify if they are:
- low income and have limited savings and
- have an energy inefficient home or high energy costs and
- are vulnerable in some way (including over 60s, young children, illness or disability)
- Those not qualifying will be advised on alternatives where appropriate.
COME AND TALK TO US THE ADVICE IS FREE TO ALL
Stay well / Don’t be cold this winter