- Which of the greenhouse gases has the greatest overall impact on climate change? Answer….Methane
- What is the Earth’s average temperature? Answer ….almost 14 degrees
- Roughly how fast is the Artic warming, compared to the rest of the world. Answer …. Twice as fast
- Why are polar bears having a bit of a problem? Answer …. Their habitat is being destroyed as the ice sheet melts and they can’t adapt
- How might climate change affect the duck race in future years? Answer …. As the climate changes we are beginning to get greater extremes of weather in South Shropshire, sometimes periods of low rainfall – not enough water for the ducks, and at other times extremely heavy rain – too much water. Two days before duck racing day there was so little water in the stream we were concerned the ducks may not have been able to race at all.
- Where does the water come from in the stream the ducks are swimming in? Answer ….The beautiful Long Mynd Hills.
Thanks for taking part in our quiz. We hope you had a fun day and learnt a little more about the dangers of Climate Change. If you would like to tell us about your day with the ducks click on the comments box. We’d love to hear from you.