We offer advice on your home’s efficiency and we have links with local ‘approved contractors’ whose work we have assessed.
- Choice of heating system. We have many years of experience and can discuss the options with you, considering whether the government’s Renewable Heat incentive could help and where appropriate refer you to an expert and suitably qualified contractor
- Running your heating system efficiently. Our volunteers can help you understand your controls including night storage radiators and discuss the best means of running your system and/or suggest new control systems where appropriate
- Considering air source and ground source heat pumps, solar hot water and biomass/log burning systems
Gaining bulk discounts for oil and LPG supplies
- Specialist support with links to a range of experts with those struggling to heat their homes adequately
If you require more information about our home heating services then please send us an email and we will be happy to help.
- Understanding and checking your energy bills
- Switching suppliers to save sometimes hundreds of pounds a year
- Choosing energy efficient household appliances like tumble dryers etc
- Low energy lighting –which need not be dull nor boring!
- Energy monitor loan service with how to use advice
- Installing photo voltaic panels to generate your own green electricity-advice and links to expert and reliable contractors
- Installing Solar Hot Water – advice re Government Renewable Heat Incentive
- Advice regarding Smart Meters
- FREE Audit of your use of energy and how to reduce your bills
If you require more information about home energy usage then please send us an email and we will be happy to help.
- Loft and cavity wall insulation –some free offers available still, especially for those on Benefits
- Draught proofing
- Solid wall insulation/floor insulation
If you require more information about our insulation services then please send us an email and we will be happy to help.
Saving water –ideas and advice
- We have contact with a network of local and national expertise – We like a challenge!
If you require more information and tips about saving water then please send us an email and we will be happy to help.
If we don’t know the answer to your enquiry we will know someone who will.